The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Monday, May 25, 2009

March

March was a very busy month.

There was no doubt in my mind that we would celebrate my cancerversary and chemoversary . . . just how to commemorate such occasions was the vital question. Those of you who are on facebook may have seen the dedication to Dr. Devlin during the month of March. His BM hospital ID photo is too easily accessible from the internet . . . poor John. On the day of my chemo appointment closest to the day of my date of diagnosis, I wore a new t-shirt:


Dr. Devlin was quite touched. He suggested that I add a new piece of oncologist-fan paraphanialia to the mix every year.


For my chemoversary, I made boobie cupcakes.


The frosting could have been better. I tried to use half butter half something else. it starting running by the end of my appointment, but there weren't very many left by then. Martha Stewarts frosting recipies are awesome. Even Dr. Cohen, the head of the oncology practice, admitted that he ate 2 or 3. Apparently, he was also very jealous of my t-shirt . . . none of his patients want to be his homeboy.

And finally, at the end of the month, well, actually the first weekend of April, Barak threw me a birthday party. We had about 30 people at our place. Lots of food. Lots of wine. Good times had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home