The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Monday, February 09, 2009

another day, another CT scan

I had my CT this AM. We started out at the outpatient radiology center, but their new policy states that if you have a port, you have to get your tests done at the inpatient center. This meant that what would have been a 10 minute process became a 90 minute hassle.

My expectation is that the spot on my liver will be gone, or closer to gone than it was 3 months ago, my bones will show some continued healing, and my left breast will still have an unidentifiable mass. We'll know more about the extent of the cancer in my bones whenever nuclear medicine decides to answer the phone so I can make an appointment . . .

Today, my cancer friend Carrie had her second lumpectomy surgery. As another 20-something BC fighter, she had a couple of rounds of chemo starting last summer and had surgery in January. When they did the pathology report on her tissue, they didn't cut out enough of the breast tissue for them to confident that they got it all. So they have to go back in and try again. She is a trooper!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Hey there Miss Catherine! It's Jenn!! I saw that you were following my blog and I hopped on to read yours. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE MARRIED!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope that you are doing well. I'll defintely stayed posted on your progress through your blog. Oh - and FYI - I'm living in Texas now. I moved out here in November...Robby will follow as soon as he has a job...which will hopefully be soon.You're in my thoughts and prayers...I love ya!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home