The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Monday, January 26, 2009

And the Chemo goes on and on

Hi all,

Ahh, sorry about the tardiness . . . I've been playing catch-up with life since we got back. Last Wednesday, I started another round of chemo. B and I spent about 45 mins with Devlin discussing all sorts of stuff. I really had a wonderful time on my chemo break and a renewed sense of confidence in myself and putting together my life after the diagnosis. I'm adding new tasks to my day all the time and trying to stay on a good schedule (ie getting up at 8am rather than 10 or 11am). Barak offered to start exercising with me, so we talked with Devlin about what kinds of exercises and machines would be gentle enough as to not break my back. Although we know that the bones are healing, there is no way to tell exactly how much they have healed and how strong they are.
We also talked about possibly ending chemo. Yes. Apparently, after the spot on my liver is taken care of, I will be eligible for moving from I.V. chemo to taking a daily pill. Insane, I know. Treating my extensive cancer is my job. It has taken me almost a year to cope with it and devise a strategy for handling it, and now, it might be over in 3-6 months. I'm not sure how to handle it. But since it's not in the immediate future, there's no rush to figure it all out.
We also dropped the wedding bomb on Devlin's office and my chemo nurses. It was really fun to tell all of them and get lots of hugs and well wishes from the other chemo patients.
To my surprise, I had little side effects on Thursday and Friday. I actually had energy to go out and do things. I went to see "The Reader" with about 30 senior citizens on Thursday afternoon. Friday, I wasn't too productive, but I was up and around the house. We went out for Happy Hour and Barak treated me to a piece of "Peace of Pizza" which is almost the most tasty eatery around here, next to Hunan, of course! Saturday, I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" with Bethel and we went to play board games at Peter and Anna's (our old neighbors). On Sunday, I got another sinus headache, so I was no fun. Not a bad first week back in the saddle. I hope they all continue to go as well, or even better.

Thanks again for all the love and support!
Catherine

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that chemo went well this week! What did you think of the movies you saw? I love going to the movies with the seniors - they never leave their cell phones on or text during the show.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Viktoria said...

that is fantastic news that you may be able to end chemo in the next 3-6 months! I am really happy you are feeling better and you are having more energy lately!
wasn't Slumdog Millionaire a great film?! talk soon!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home