The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wow, lots of ground to cover . . . Let's start with chemo

Ok, so I will start with the wrap up of my 11th month of chemo -- December 17 -- Barak got a break and Lissa (my best friend since we were 10) took me to chemo. I got my white blood booster shot, which I had to bring with me to the airport the following day (more to come) . . . and we were off. I felt great that afternoon. Lissa and I went shopping for last minute items I needed before Barak and I took off for Cali the following day, Thursday Dec 18. I attribute it to Lissa being there. As I've been trying to get a handle on how to live my life the last 5 or so months, Barak has been the only one to be with me at chemo. Having Lissa there was a nice break and it allowed me to push myself to be aggressive in keeping my mood up and break the routine I wrote long ago for my Wednesday-afternoon-pity-party. Thanks Lissa! I'm glad that the teasing all the kids gave us at SPA kept us together all these years :)
Barak and I flew to Chico on the 18th and stayed through the 25th. We got an amazing deal ($231 per person, round-trip) so Mom was ok with us leaving on Christmas day. As I said above, I had my scary looking WBC shot, and I had to take it out and declare it as we went through security in Philly. To our surprise, when we changes planes in Phoenix, we had to go through security again . . . After 14 hours of travel, we made it to Chico, with our luggage, and enjoyed a fabulous fast-food dinner of In-and-Out! My one-month chemo-cation (thanks Carrie for the cool lingo) started out with a bang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home