The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Monday, February 23, 2009

At least another 3-4 months of chemo

Last Wednesday, I got the results of my latest CT scan. They were good, meaning that there was some progress, but the spot on my liver is still there. The improvement is in the fact that the spot is more fluid-like rather than solid. They tell me that it's a good thing, so I believe them.
I got hit with another round of Taxol and Avastin (and Zometa) for at least 3 months, and maybe 4 depending on how my blood work goes. If I start to have some more serious side effects, mostly neurapathy, then we will consider a different type of chemo.

On a fun and positive note, I will be heading off to Dallas on Friday morning for the Young Survivors Conference and get to meet my dear friend Carrie in person! There will be lots of other young women with BC there and I hope to make some more contacts so I don't feel so alone in this journey.

4 Comments:

Blogger Viktoria said...

I'm glad to hear there has been some progress made! I hope you have a fabulous trip and connect with many others that can relate. love you!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, don't forget to get me a magnet. Have fun and eat lots of bbq!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I had a blast with ya... and still wishing I had dragged my tired ass to Denny's!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

OK, I did it. Now you have to!

Blog away!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home