The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Drum Roll Please . . . . . . . .

Family and Friends, I got the results from my latest scans.

The CT scan of my torso showed two vast improvements. In March they measured out two large tumors covering about a third of my liver. The largest was 7 x 3 cm and the other was 6 x 4 cm. As of last week, the larger one is now a 1 cm cube and the other was not detectable. The CT also showed that my bones and spine are filling in the spots where the cancer ate away at the bone. Bone cancers take a long time to heal, so this is a good first step.

The MRI of both breasts showed only one 3cm mass in the left breast. Everything else looks stable.

Today I got the results of the MRI of the brain. I had a mass in the soft tissue behind my right eye that throughout the last 8 month of treatment remained the same. We had been discussing starting radiation in the new year if there was no progress. Yesterday, Dr. Devlin got the reading from the radiologist. S/He did not see anything. Devlin called them back and asked them to review the images because of my history. After an additional 3 hours of looking, they saw the remnants of cancer (a cancer footprint) in the exact location. By all means, this is good news too.

Lots of folks have been asking about surgery. Essentially, the most popular protocol, especially mets, is to treat with chemo/radiation and then after you shrink or zap it the most you can, you remove the rest. So for me, this means lots and lots of chemo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

The "lots of chemo" part sucks, of course, but other than that, WHAT GREAT NEWS! I was so happy to read about your progress. I hope it makes you feel good too! I am so glad Taxol is doing its thing! Keep on keepin strong!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Hurrah for you little one.

Mama

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cs,
Great to hear your progress. You're always in our thoughts here in SoCal.
Andrew

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cs,
Great to hear your progress. You're always in our thoughts here in SoCal.
Andrew

12:37 PM  
Blogger Viktoria said...

this is wonderful news! i'm so happy your treatments are working and things are getting better. i hope your feeling better too! call me when you get the chance are in the mood. miss you and love you!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home