The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mel guilted me into this post!

Hi all!

Back from the last treatment of round 7. I can't believe it's been over 6 months since the diagnosis and starting treatment. Wow how time flies! I passed my blood test and got the full dosage. I had a little bit of a sinus headache, so my nurse today, Jane, gave me my Benedryl first. Yeah! Nothing better than a nap at 9:45am!

This round was physically much easier than all the previous. Emotionally, I had a hard time. Unfortunately, my gap insurance co is still not paying anything out to the hospital or Devlin's office for my treatment. He had to bring it up to me on the first day of this cycle. It was awkward and I felt horrible. I stayed in bed the following day. On Friday I tried to convince myself to get out of the house and keep moving forward. This could have been a major set back after working so hard to avoid how I had been coping with all of this initially (Spending the first 4 months hunkered down in the house and digging myself into a rut).

In other news, I started my sewing class last night. It was so much fun. There are 12 other young ladies (all from mid 20s to mid 30s). My table decided that we should sneak wine into the class. I told them if we got caught, I would take the fall. Who would punish a cancer patient. We made teeny tiny pillows to practice straight lines. One of these days I will have to find the USB cord to my camera and post pics of my work.

On good news, I'm still getting plenty of PMS pimples so we know my ovaries are still working!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WHAAAAA! Love the title of this post. Your sewing class sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about your projects. I hope all the girls are really cool and you make some great friends out of it to boot. Hang in there - we all miss you and think of you always!!!!!

Mel :-D

2:24 PM  
Blogger Viktoria said...

that's great that you are taking a sweing class! sounds like a lot of fun and a great opportunity to meet new people. they sound like good people! i miss you, give me a call when you get the chance! love you!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home