The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Saying Farewell to China

Matt left to return to Shijiazhuang on Monday, May 7, and it left me a good three days to relax and reflect on my time in China. There was a wonderful feeling that came over me during my first week or so there. I felt a true sense of completeness. I knew that at this time in my life, I am meant to work in China, for the Chinese people. The ambiguity of where my career would take me in terms of my career feels settled. I know what I want, and I'm carving a way now to get there.
Needless to say, I was incredibly depressed during the last two weeks of my time there (and nearly cutting off my finger didn't make me feel any better about it). Although in my head I keep thinking that I should have devoted the past year to China, I know that making my trip more broad and spending time in 19 other countries really allowed me to challenge myself and force me to grow in ways that I never could have only living in a country where I speak the language.

It's quite emotional now to reflecting back on my experience. And as of today - June 11, 2006 - I have been "state-side" for a month. Luckily I've been at my parents' retreat in Chico and was lucky enough to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday metropolitan life. Last week I spent 4 days in Southern California visiting friends and now I'm back in Chico preparing for the next leg of this adventure called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home