The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Night

Well, let's just say that after an 8 hour layover in Chicago that I more than made up for it in Guiness last night. After going through lots of emotions for the entire trip over here, and not being able to brush my teeth for almost 28 hours, I ended up on a pub crawl through some of Dublin's trendy bars with some locals and foreigners. I met these two Aussies, Gaza and Nick at my hostle. We started out with some Guiness at the famous Temple Bar whiskey joint, then went off to join up with a pub crawl group they had been hanging out with for the past two night. Turns out, said the pub crawl mistress Heather, that no one showed up at the meeting point and she lead us on a mini one of her own. We didn't have to pay and got free shots at the first three place. Man, I forgot about those shots until now. No wonder I'm drinking water like crazy this morning. Pictures soon to follow. Needless to say I missed my alarm, all three of them and am getting a later start than I wanted. I may just end up on one of those bus tours so I can sober up before trying to soak in the Irish culture. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

In honor of your first night, a traditional Irish toast:

Here's to being single,
drinking doubles,
and seeing triple!

Sláinte chuig na fir, agus go mairfidh na mná go deo!!!

(Health to the men and may the women live forever!!!)

You know what is better than singing Irish drinking songs with friends? Singing Irish Drinking songs with friends IN IRELAND! Wish I was there!!!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home