The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Last Day in DC

I woke up this morning to turn on the news and watch the war. I can't believe I put my boyfriend on a plane to a war zone. All I saw was snow. Figuring it was something I did because Greg's got more remotes than the entertainment wing of Best Buy, I got up, washed my face and brushed my teeth to really start the day.

What does one do during their last day in the city that contains so many sweet and sour moments? It's raining today. This much needed weather change will provide some relief to the residents of this muggy swamp we call our nation's capital. . . . There are the errands of course, the short list of friends I must drop by and bid final goodbyes to, but I'm still struggling to figure out if there's something I need to do, and if so, what, to close this chapter in my life.


Now, it's 1:01 am on Friday the 11th of August. My flight leaves in 6 hours and 15 minutes. The four or five or six bottles of wine have taken their toll and I am so happy that friends, old and new have come to say not only final words of wisdom, but also, made promises to see me along the way.

This LA girl is not one to have too many friends. I didn't have many in CA, but here, I've found a small and absolutely wonderful set of friends who I know I will be supported by for the rest of my life. For this I am eternally greatful. I feel like the most lucky women in the world to have won the affection of these individuals and for the next ten months or so, it will be their emails that keep my chin up when I am down.

I can now say, "See you later," to DC knowing full well that when I can get back the nation's capitol, I will have an amazing group of friends with open arms to receive me. Thank you to all of you have made my life so incredibly special over these past four years. You hold a space in my heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Awwwww. We'll miss you!

But I must say, GIRL. The next time you decide to move out of the country, you have GOT to get a Saturday or Sunday morning flight. Those four or five or six bottles of wine we split were kicking my butt Friday at work. heh heh heh.

Hope all goes well in L.A. and I look forward to reading all about your oversea adventures in the upcoming months!!!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home