The Power of Redesign!

Growing, Sewing and Moving Forward!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Reno 911 Moment

So I was just walking the streets of Tel Aviv with some of the many groceries I need to recreate Thanksgiving in the Middle East, when I saw two police motorcycles on the sidewalk (that's ok here). The male cop was talking with a middle age man, looking over his identification papers and the female cop was inspecting her bike. As I prepared myself to go around the spectacle, the female cop swung around. I looked up from the sidewalk and saw her. She was about 5 11', hair tied back, policeman's hat on, but the kicker was, she was sporting the worst pair of faux Chanel sunglasses. With her hands behind her back, she asked (I assume this because is was in Hebrew) for my identification. I responded by plucking my earbuds (attached to my iPod) from my ears and then dropped my jaw and uttered, "huh?" This time, in English, she asked again for some ID. There was absolutely no way I was going to take her seriously, so I said sure, handed her my shopping bags, and my new Tel Aviv traveler's map while I fished around for my VA Driver's license. When handed it to her, she barely looked at and then handed it back (the Israelis I consulted said that she probably saw that it was in English and knew that she didn't want to struggle to actually examine it).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny! how did your thanksgiving meal turn out? i'm sure it was great. happy thanksgiving!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Girl. I am SO far behind on the blog reading/writing.

Greg would get a kick out of the Reno 911 title.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home